Sucker for Payne by Carrie Thomas ARC review

A reckless decision after a drunken night leaves Conner Payne with no money, a criminal record, and a lifetime’s worth of regret. Searching for a way to get his life back on track, he is surprised to find solace inside a steel cage at the local gym. Even more shocking, is the emotional connection he builds with a feisty reporter, who might just know a thing or two about starting life over.

After a stint in rehab, and several years of therapy, Willow Stevens finally lands her dream job as a women’s rights columnist, and gains the stability she’s always craved. When asked by her boss to cover a fight at a local gym, she has no idea what to expect. But nothing could have prepared her for the gravitational pull she experiences when she first sets eyes on Conner Payne, or the love she develops for the turbulent world of professional fighting.

Both Conner and Willow want to create a future independent from their pasts, but with old fears and new insecurities, the odds are stacked against them. 

Two battered souls. One ultimate goal—to love unconditionally.
REVIEW
I really really loved this book. I really liked these characters. Where they have been, what they have done, what made them well them. I loved it even though it's not all sunshine and rainbows. Following these characters and what they have gone through gave me feels! I cried, was sad, happy, and frustrated. There are parts of the book that speak to me. The real issues that are faced. Its all woven into this story. 
By the time I hit The End I didn't want it to end. Carrie I would love to get more of these other characters in the book hint, hint.. 
All in all a good Fighter romance. The characters have their ups and downs and by the end I was pleased with the way the book turned out.

favorite quote
"I want you to know how much I love you; so much so, that when you go to bed without me at night, I can't sleep because not only is my body aching for you, my soul is too. That's how I feel about you. I physically feel numb when I'm not with you. Like my body doesn't work right, unless you're beside me. Like my heart isn't pumping correctly unless it's in sync with yours."
--GOODREADS-- --AMAZON--

No comments:

Post a Comment