White Fur by Jardine Libaire review

When Elise Perez meets Jamey Hyde on a desolate winter afternoon, fate implodes, and neither of their lives will ever be the same. Although they are next-door neighbors in New Haven, they come from different worlds. Elise grew up in a housing project without a father and didn't graduate from high school. Jamey is a junior at Yale, heir to a private investment bank fortune and beholden to high family expectations. The attraction is instant, and what starts out as sexual obsession turns into something greater, stranger, and impossible to ignore.

The unlikely couple moves to Manhattan in hopes of forging an adult life together, but Jamey's family intervenes in desperation, and the consequences of staying together are suddenly severe. And when a night out with old friends takes a shocking turn, Jamey and Elise find themselves fighting not just for their love but also for their lives.
REVIEW

This was actually a pretty good book. The writing is different then I am used to but I really enjoyed it. This is a gritty, raw story set in the 80's in New York. The relationship in this book is complicated.

Now I pushed myself to read this cause it is different than I normally read. I am happy I did. For me it got off to a bit of a slow start. But in the end I was totally pulled into the story.

So as strange as it sounds the book was a bit slow for me and fast paced at the same time. Why? well I think the book may be a bit wordy, but there are tons of descriptors going on so it worked at the same time. It gives depth to the book, even though it made it slow for me at times. I still believe the author did a wonderful job writing this book the way it is wrote.

All in all a good read, it doesn't leave me craving more of this particular book but I would read more from this author.
--GOODREADS--

No comments:

Post a Comment