Heart of Eve by Pam Godwin review

My vow of celibacy has never been broken nor tempted, not even when the plague thrust me into a lawless, brutal world. So why did God send the only surviving woman to a priest? To test me? Or to save me?

*This is a 10,000-word novelette and can be read as an introduction to the Trilogy of Eve or as bonus material between the other books. It was previously published in the For the First Time anthology
REVIEW
This short novelette is meant to be an introduction into the Trilogy of Eve. It serves its purpose. We get a little into these characters and the world around them. It seems this is a post apocalyptic / dystopian book. 
I enjoyed the characters. Which happen to be a priest and the woman he saved/saves, which is the only woman left after a plague. It is just an intriguing story line.
The only issue I have is the very little bit we get into this world. That had me slightly confused. I personally would have liked a little backstory just to scratch the surface of what happened to make it the way it is.
All together a hot quick read that makes me want to read this series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment