Mr Sugar by LD Fox review

Mr. Sugar loves pretty things. But he hates to share. 

Recently widowed, workaholic Drew Sugar is an ordinary man with ordinary goals. Get a promotion. Strike it lucky with his next door neighbor. Try and get through the month without punching his brother. Until Angel arrives on his doorstep. 

The young Angel's relentless advances stir a darkness that had been lurking deep in Drew's psyche; a desire he finds increasingly difficult to resist. 

Angel wants a sugar daddy - one that's not too bad looking and doesn't have too many years left on the clock. Mr. Sugar's definitely got the money, and the chemistry between them might make the forty-odd years before he leaves her everything bearable. But Mr. Sugar isn't taking the bait, and she's running out of time. 

When she accepts five grand from Drew's brother to sleep with him, she couldn't possibly be prepared for the shit storm it brings down. She always knew Mr. Sugar was a duplicitous man. Now she's about to find out just how many secrets he's hiding. 
I had real high hopes for this book. It sounded so good and I couldn't wait to read it.  I have read other works from this author and loved them. Unfortunately for me it didn't stand up to that. It started off slow and I was really dissapointed that it wasn't really a thriller. I personally think the last 20%-25% of the story is all the thrilling we get from this book.

I loved the characters in this story. They were interesting. The way they all play into the story was pretty neat. Its not really romancy by all means but it has its hot parts.

I think I am going to give it a 3, neutral. I am not sure how to feel about this book, I am floored by all the 5 star reviews with this amount of errors I found in it. It needs editing. I liked some things and dissliked some things. I don't think I would recommend this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment