Chasing Ivy by SJ Sylvis review

42092207

Six years ago, I had a best friend with sky-blue eyes, purposefully messy brown hair, and a body that made every single girl drool on sight. I would know—it drove me absolutely crazy…until I was the one doing the drooling. 

Our days were filled with stomach-hurting laughter accompanied by easy conversation, and our nights were filled with secret, awkward teenage flirting. 
But that was when Dawson was just my best friend. Nothing more, nothing less. 

And then… it was more. 

It’s a memory I pretend to see through blurry eyes, hazed by passing years of no communication. The one night that my heart was suddenly soaring through the starry night, only to catch fire as it rapidly descended seconds later. 

Six years was a long time to get my heart under control. A lot has changed, and yet here I am, still drooling over Dawson—my ex best friend.



5 STAR REVIEW 

I am gonna say I adore this cover! It fits these characters so perfect.  This is the first book from SJ Sylvis I have read. Thank you for giving me the opportunity and kindly giving me an arc to read.

What happens to high school sweethearts when they are ripped apart...

Chasing Ivy is a small town, second chance romance. I absolutely love these two characters. Their story is sweet and a bit steamy. Starting this book you get their past. I really enjoyed having that at the start of the book and get the whole story on their journey through this book. You see these characters grow and what builds between them.

"She was the only person I knew that could make me feel better, that could make me feel a little lighter."

Reading this book I could see it playing out on tv before me, just in my head. I could picture everything in this book. It really is just that good.  

If you like a good friends to lovers or second chance romance then this book is for you! Worth taking the chance and picking up.

Find SJ Sylvis on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorsj.sylvis

No comments:

Post a Comment