Savage Beauty by Casey L Bond review

Once upon a time, a beautiful queen was cursed by a dark faery. That curse, inherited by twin princesses, Aura and Luna, binds their lives in the strangest of ways. At an early age, the girls were more than sisters. They were the strongest of allies until a combination of jealousy, anger and dark magic tore their relationship to shreds. 

Aura took everything from Luna: her home, her family, and her love by murdering the prince who’d chosen her instead of Aura. 

Luna wants revenge, but she’s running out of time. She must sever the magical bond tying her life to Aura’s before their eighteenth birthday or be bound to her forever. In desperation, she seeks help from a dark fae prince, but the price is steep – a piece of her soul.

Fate is a real witch. Luna was willing to give up anything to stop her sister, until Prince Phillip of Grithim, the brother of the only man she’s ever loved, falls into her life. Neither of them can fight their attraction, despite their guilt. 

With Aura hell-bent on destroying everything she holds dear, Luna must decide whether she wants revenge or Phillip. She can’t have both, and in the end, this may be a battle both sisters lose. 

**Savage Beauty is a fairy tale retelling of Sleeping Beauty... with fae witches. :) 
REVIEW
This book is so darn good. I am loving this authors fairy tale retellings. They are such a twist on what we know, or think we know. Casey created a world with these characters in it and the way she writes it is just amazing to say the least. It comes to life as you are reading it, and frankly it becomes imagine-able. I could literally vision myself in the middle of this twisted tale.
I really liked these characters and at the same time was kinda hanging there wondering about them. I mean who is evil and who isn't? Who's up to no good? But I have to say I really loved the cat, Ember,
I have said it once and I will say it again, Casey never ceases to amaze me with the twists and turns her book takes. I couldn't figure out what was going to happen till it did. and I love that about her writing. Its not just one twist though, there are multiple ones.
I have only good things to say about this book. There wasn't anything I didn't like in it. Totally a 5 star read. If you like fairy tales or fantasy books you should pick this one up and give it a try.  By the end of this book I really wanted more. 
--GOODREADS-- --AMAZON--

No comments:

Post a Comment